Hello hooman. To find yourself on this site means you must be a fanatic for felines, but there may be more than meets the cat's eye when it comes to your ferociously cute friends. As your furry overlords, we command you - sit down in your lovely outdoor enclosure, pat your precious pudda and peruse these furbulous bite sized facts about cats and catkind.
1. A group of cats can be called a clowder, a glaring, a kindle or a clutter.
2. Cats can't taste sweet things.
3. Grown up cats only meow to communicate with their hooman.
4. Female cats are usually right pawed and male cats are left pawed.
5. Cats use their whiskers to feel out the size of a space.
6. Just like our fingerprints, a cat's nose has a unique pattern.
7. There is a 0.0014% chance your cat's name is Katy Purry.
8. The oldest cat breed is the pawesome Egyptian Mau.
9. Cats can be allergic to humans.
10. Cats rub against you to mark their territory.
11. Cats are usually lactose intolerant - no milk for the puddas!
12. Hairballs are formally named bezoars.
13. Cats only sweat from their footsies and toe-beans.
14. Kitty-cats can swivel their ears 180 degrees.
15. Boy cats are called Toms and lady cats are called Queens.
16. They have 5 toe-beans on their front paws and 4 toe-beans on their back paws.
17. Calico cats are always ladies.
18. The most popular purebred cats are Persians, followed by Maine Coons and Siamese puddas.
19. Cats are purrfectionists and spend over 1/3 of their waking hours grooming themselves.
20. Cat lovers are officially known as Ailurophiliacs!
Need more cute? Why not check out the 5 reasons that cat owners are the best people? While you contemplate our social superiority, keep your wondrous whiskers wearer safe and happy in an outdoor cat enclosure.